Information about Dirty Pages in English
Nickname   Wachtwoord 

European Singlespeed Cup 2006 ZoekenZoeken

Plaats reactie    Dirty Pages forum index -> Overige wedstrijden Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende
Auteur Bericht
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 9:56 am    Onderwerp: European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

So far
[list]
[*]SSUK Newcastle/England 04./05. June
[*]SSDM/SSEM/SiS Thaleischweiler Fröschen/Germany 04.-06. August
[*]SSIT Massa/italy 02./03. September
[/list]
So where is the Dutch date??? Any race we could enter in April/May or something later in the year? C"mon you slackers you can"t stay out of this!

phaty

Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur e-mail Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
Hubert !

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 1:16 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Phaty, you lazy dog Wink , take a look at this:

http://www.dirty-pages.net/yabbse/index.php?board=25;action=display;threadid=23749
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur e-mail MSN messenger Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 1:18 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

well - can it handle 100+ riders? Will it happen NEXT year again?
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur e-mail Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
JJ
Forumbeheerder

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Can it handle 100+ riders? NO

Will it happen NEXT year again? NO

We will think about a location for next years race, be patient!

JJ
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 2:32 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

JJ schreef:

We will think about a location for next years race, be patient!
JJ

ME????

Naar boven
JJ
Forumbeheerder

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 7:42 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Yeah you, and I know you will be cause you just don"t want to miss a good race with your favourite neighbours.

Imagine, 28 out of 30 Dutchies racing next year should be disqualified....

I think it is good fun, some 20 super fit Dutchies on 29-ers competing against a big troop of English and German riders with big hangovers and some Italians not knowing what the fuck is going on ;D

And a big bold beer showering madman in a kilt shouting "Disqualified" on top of his lungs ;D

We should find a location Wink

JJ

Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de homepage Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Okt 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

JJ schreef:

Yeah you, and I know you will be cause you just don"t want to miss a good race with your favourite neighbours.

Imagine, 28 out of 30 Dutchies racing next year should be disqualified....

I think it is good fun, some 20 super fit Dutchies on 29-ers competing against a big troop of English and German riders with big hangovers and some Italians not knowing what the fuck is going on ;D

And a big bold beer showering madman in a kilt shouting "Disqualified" on top of his lungs ;D

Welcome to my world ...
By the way tell this boy on the rig that was disqualified by me 28times in Arnheim that he is invited to race SSDM/SSEC and SiS for free if he shows up. The nightrace is pretty damn serious sport so even his mom will like that.
It is about time that we show him a good time ... and maybe he even gets laid by a fine german girl!

Oh and Cloxxki just in case you read this you totally funfree 28incher if you don"t show up for the Euros next year I will personally spent at least 7 days without sleep or food on mtbr.com and trash what is left over from your reputation ...

phaty

Naar boven
JJ
Forumbeheerder

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 21, 2005 8:56 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Stef, the Boy on the Rig, is being too serious at the moment, only riding his Rig for his evening training with Hub dynamo, doing the rest of his daily rides on a conventional 26" geared aluminum race rig. Flo will have a hard time to keep up with him next year!!

And like you we are working on a Derby team, have to get a proper bike for that Wink

JJ
Naar boven
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 21, 2005 9:10 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Happy Birthday JJ by the way ... !!!

Naar boven
Cloxxki

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 21, 2005 2:56 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

My sponsor would give me the €100 I needed (and honestly didn"t and still don"t have) to travel to the course, sleep at the camping site, and enter the race. So I fired the sponsor.

I have this stupid idea...have you read about Bicycle Speedway? A small dirt oval, probably a third or a quarter the size of an olympic oval. Looking for lateral traction 70% of the time, pedaling almost irrelevant.

And maybe we"ll contact the promotors for a new (hopefully annual) short-distance marathon race that was first held this year. Kind of a Berlin 2003 style course, 20km laps, and more climbing than a spitfire can handle on a maximum fuel load (well, almost). Choice of 2-3-4 laps. Could be fun, if the promotors can handle us (or you guys, in case I fail to show up once again).

More stupid rambling I"ll do offboard.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht MSN messenger Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 21, 2005 2:59 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Cloxxki schreef:

I have this stupid idea...have you read about Bicycle Speedway? A small dirt oval, probably a third or a quarter the size of an olympic oval. Looking for lateral traction 70% of the time, pedaling almost irrelevant.

Now that is really (!!) the best idea you ever had - in my eyes ... !!
Naar boven
Cloxxki

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Okt 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Cool, then you figure out a way to count the laps. The fastest rider might lap around 20secs... Longer a course and the turn would be taken at full spede, which would be boring. Obviously 100+ riders would have to be distributed over heats.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht MSN messenger Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 13, 2005 6:55 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

11./12. Februar - Piolenc/France SSFR Champs
04./05. Juni - Newcastle/England SSUK Champs
04./06. August - Thaleischweiler-Fröschen SSEC/SSDM/SiS
02./03. September - Marina di Massa/Italien SSIT Champs

The French Date is new - boy and that is soon ... ! Well kinda
Naar boven
wictor

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 13, 2005 7:34 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Couldn"t you add Anrhem to the list? I"m sure Hans Burgersdijk & Co. would love to host again! Arnhem has to be one of the most fun courses in the Netherlands!
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 13, 2005 7:40 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

wictor schreef:

Couldn"t you add Anrhem to the list? I"m sure Hans Burgersdijk & Co. would love to host again! Arnhem has to be one of the most fun courses in the Netherlands!

The Arnheim Weekend is probably the SSUK Weekend. Which was already a clash last year. But the Brits have a MUCH busier calender then the Dutch. If it is not the same weekend it will be too close for everybody to travel to both races. The idea behin the cup is to avoid future clashes of the very few Singlespeed-Only-Races we have across Europe! I still hope you guys come up with something in October - and if not we just hitchhike a race ...
Wouldn"t there be a Cyclocross race in Holland with a "open, beginner, whatever-class" where they allow Mountainbikes as well.
By now the whole of bloody Singlespeed Nederland is on 29ers anway so you are all disqualified - we might as well just meet for a drinking-derby!

By the way - we totally love the Arnheim race - and the camping ground!
Naar boven
Cloxxki

BerichtGeplaatst: Zo Nov 13, 2005 11:42 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

I"m all for disqualifying 29" bikes in singlespeeding, if a lazy "won"t train" rider wins a crown twice on it, it"s an unfair advantage.

But seriously, did I dream this, or was 2005 the last time for Arnhem with this promoter? I thought I heard something along that line. Sorry if it"s misinformation, I love Arnhem and want to race (win) there again.
Naar boven
phatlizard

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 14, 2005 7:38 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Cloxxki schreef:

I"m all for disqualifying 29" bikes in singlespeeding, if a lazy "won"t train" rider wins a crown twice on it, it"s an unfair advantage.

No that just shows in what pittyful shape the Dutch Singlespeed Sport Scene is ... !

;D
Naar boven
walter

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 14, 2005 10:11 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

We did beat "some" Germans though.... ;D
Naar boven
DeKerfs

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 14, 2005 10:36 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

walter schreef:

We did beat "some" Germans though.... ;D

Mostly since the majority couldn"t keep a straight line, even if they tried soooo hard...
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Verstuur e-mail AIM naam Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
wictor

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Nov 14, 2005 12:21 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Cloxxki schreef:
But seriously, did I dream this, or was 2005 the last time for Arnhem with this promoter?

Insider info: don"t think so. I spoke to Hans, and due to overwhelming support and some lobbying the Anrhe(i)m will hopefully be on the calendar again this year. In early "05 the country council wanted to stop issuing licenses, but apparantly they have come back on their decision.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht Bekijk de bikes van deze gebruiker
TF

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Nov 15, 2005 5:16 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Zijn er al mensen met plannen voor Frankrijk?
en Newcastle en de rest?

Naar boven
JJ
Forumbeheerder

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Nov 15, 2005 10:14 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Frankrijk niet
Engeland misschien
Duitsland vrij zeker

Nederland: wie heeft een lokatie????

JJ
Naar boven
TF

BerichtGeplaatst: Di Nov 15, 2005 11:18 pm    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Joepie Smile

Ik peins over frankrijk...
newcastle en duitsland zeker
italie als ik de drie voorgaande ook heb gedaan
european beach challenge begin oktober 2006 in Scheveningen 60 kilometer over het strand op de SS
als dat geen finale is dan weet ik het ook niet meer
Naar boven
JJ
Forumbeheerder

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Nov 16, 2005 6:49 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

Oh ja, Italie..

Dat is in het weekend van Eurobike, dus mss is het mogelijk meteen door te rijden, schijnt niet zo ver meer te zijn dan. We will see!

JJ
Naar boven
Steelboy

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Nov 16, 2005 9:07 am    Onderwerp: Re:European Singlespeed Cup 2006 Reageer met quote

JJ schreef:

Nederland: wie heeft een lokatie????

We hebben nog steeds contact met org Groesbeek... ik zal eens polsen of ze nu eindelijk in 2006 wat met ons willen gaan doen...

En ik zou het jammer vinden als er geen SS wedstrijd in Arnhem zou zijn, dat is voor de NL scene toch wel de traditie eigenlijk!
Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats reactie    Dirty Pages forum index -> Overige wedstrijden Ga naar pagina 1, 2  Volgende
Pagina 1 van 2

Ga naar: